Costs listed above are for Summer 2020.
Withdrawal & Refund
Students are responsible for study abroad tuition and program fees once they have committed to attending a program. Please refer to the Withdrawal and Refund policy before committing to your program. Once you have committed, you will be subject to the policies found at http://educationabroad.virginia.edu/forms-policies . In some cases, there will be no refund available.
For Summer programs, the following schedule applies:
Billable Fees* include:
- 100% of billable tuition and program fees due 30 days prior to program start date
- 100% of billable airfare due 10 days from date of registration (Billable airfare is Non-Refundable)
- Payment information is available http://sfs.virginia.edu/finances
Note regarding group meals:
- Tuition for courses described in brochure
- Shared rooms Vilnius and Prague
- Flight from Vilnius to Prague
- Daily Breakfasts
- Ground transportation to site visits
- Entry fees to site visits
- Health and Emergency Assistance Insurance through CISI. The ISO will enroll students in the insurance policy for the program dates.
Every effort will be made to accommodate dietary restrictions during group meals; however, all countries have distinct cuisines along with food preparation techniques, and it is not always possible to address specific food concerns and meet needs. Program participants are responsible for ensuring their needs can be met for their chosen program itinerary.
Non-Billable, Estimated Expenses:
- International Airfare
- Lunches and dinners
- Internet and phone service
- Non-billable items posted above are estimates and will differ for each individual depending on their personal needs, course requirements, and personal choices. Fluctuations in international currency will affect total expenditures.
The estimated airfare listed above is based on fares provided online in November 2019, with departure from Dulles International Airport (IAD) to Vilnius (VNO) and return from Prague (PRG) to Dulles International Airport (IAD). This is an estimate and fares will change with availability and routing.
Estimated cost of non-billable meals assumes moderate restaurants with an average of approximately USD 25.00 per day. Local transportation amount is an estimate of the cost of a one week transit pass in Vilnius and on own public transportation from Vilnius airport to Vilnius hotel and Prague hotel to Prague airport.
: Some possible costs are not included in this budget, may not be applicable to all students, and will differ by individual if applicable. These may include but are not limited to:
- Personal travel beyond the scope of the program,
- Immunizations for the area of travel
- Visa fees (non-US citizens) – Visa fees and regulations are subject to change
- Passport fees
- Health and emergency coverage with CISI beyond the program dates
Trip Insurance: The ISO recommends that travelers consider trip insurance that can be tapped in the event travel to or from the
education abroad destination is interrupted.
*The University of Virginia reserves the right to adjust all program charges, without prior notification, for increases associated with but not limited to, the cost of instruction, foreign exchange rates, and Board of Visitors changes to tuition and fees.
In addition, the University of Virginia reserves the right to alter or cancel this education abroad program in the event of an emergency, changes in operating conditions, or under-enrollment.