Programs : Brochure
- Program Terms: Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Year
NOTE: This is the description page for the Sue and Lee Piepho Scholarship, which is included in the Education Abroad Scholarship Application, our common application for multiple awards. Please select the link below to apply for this scholarship using the common application. You do not need to designate which awards you wish to be considered for in the Education Abroad Scholarship Application; you will be considered for any for which you are qualified.
Sue and Lee Piepho Scholarship
The Sue and Lee Piepho Scholarship supports undergraduate student participation in education abroad. Awards will be based on the quality of the application. Scholarship award amounts vary, but tend to fall within a range of $500-$2000.
- Be a currently enrolled undergraduate student
- Participate in a credit bearing education abroad program for a summer, semester, or year
- Submit a complete UVA Education Abroad Application
- Demonstrate financial need. Information submitted in the scholarship application will be used to assess this eligibility criteria.
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing
Expectations of Scholarship Recipients
- While abroad, send Mrs. Piepho a photo of themselves in their host-city
- Upon return to Grounds, send a letter reflecting upon their international experience
- Complete the Education Abroad Scholarship Application.