Programs : Brochure
- Program Terms: Summer
NOTE: This is the description page for the Global Internships Travel Grant for Academic Programs, which is included in the Education Abroad Scholarship Application, the "common application" for multiple awards. Review the information and follow the link below to apply for this scholarship. You do not need to designate which award(s) you wish to be considered for in the Education Abroad Scholarship Application; you will be considered for any for which you are qualified.
Global Internships Travel Grant for Academic Programs
Thanks to the generous support of the Vice-Provost for Global Affairs and under the aegis of the International Studies Office, UVA Global Internships is committed to supporting undergraduate students who participate in a credit-bearing UVA internship abroad. Grants will be awarded based on several criteria, including demonstrated financial need, thoughtfulness of application, and academic record. Award amounts will vary up to $2,000, as the committee will seek to offer grants to as many worthy students as possible.
- Be a currently enrolled UVA undergraduate student
- Submit a complete UVA Education Abroad Application
- Participate in one of the following programs
- Maintain good academic and disciplinary standing
- Complete a 5-7 page grant report (including photographs) detailing your internship activities and personal/professional developments during your experience abroad
- Attend a post-internship workshop hosted by UVA Global Internships during fall semester to practice articulating the value of your internship abroad to diverse audiences
- Join the UVA Global Internships alumni network and share your experiences by speaking in classes, on panels, and with interested prospective students
- Complete the Education Abroad Scholarship Application